UNDERGRADUATE APPLICATION (NATIONAL)
Covenant University aims to provide prospective students with as much information as possible about our undergraduate programmes, the application and admissions processes. In addition to exploring our website, prospective students can join our electronic mailing list to get information about Covenant University, admissions and more. Prospective students can also learn about our undergraduate programmes and the application process by physically visiting our Admissions Office on-campus.
Before you Apply
Prospective students of Covenant University are to obtain the JAMB Forms, choose Covenant University and sit for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) of the Board as prescribed in the relevant advertisement for the 2020/2021 admission exercise.
Also, applicants must complete the online Covenant University Application Forms. Please use the Application Requirements checklist section below to prepare your application for submission.
Review the website information for your programme of interest, specific programme admission requirements and application deadlines. Please note, it is essential to submit all supporting documents for your application on or before the given application lifeline.
It is the responsibility of the applicant to submit all required documents by the given lifeline. Neither the Admissions Office nor the Departments can assume the responsibility of informing the applicant about incomplete, wrong or missing documents.
Covenant University will not release any document (original, photocopied, or electronic) submitted in support of an application to the student or a third party, as this will become a part of Covenant University application records. If application documents are forged, falsified, or altered, the Admissions Office will notify all relevant officials and submission of such illegal documents will disqualify an applicant for admission.
Non-Refundable Application Fee
- The application form fee for the 2020/2021 academic year is N7,000 (Seven Thousand Naira Only). Post-UTME Screening fee is N2,000 (Two thousand Naira only). Transaction charges apply – N600 (Six Hundred Naira Only) for bank / over the counter transaction. Payment can be made at these authorized banks – Access, Zenith, UBA, GTB, Stanbic, Keystone, CMFB, and Ecobank. You are required to use any of their payment platforms using the applicant’s name and receive the PIN and RECEIPT NUMBER to input on the form.
- Remember to save uncompleted application form for completion at a later date. An application cannot be submitted without payment of the application fee.
Uploading of documents
- Statement of Purpose
A statement of purpose (not more than 500-words) should be prepared and submitted online with the application. The personal statement should address your academic interests and professional objectives, visions, and goals for life. Please review the programmes for different colleges for details.
Uploading of Credentials
- Your application is considered completed if you upload the following documents:
- Birth Certificate
- Scanned 2020 JAMB result with your visible passport photograph
- WAEC or NECO Result (if available)
- Letter of Sponsorship by Parents
Please note that all the documents must be in PDF and not exceeding 100kb.
- Principal and Pastoral Reference Letters
Three official recommendations are required for your application. These recommendations must be from persons in positions to appraise your potential for undergraduate study at Covenant University. These persons should include the following:
- Your Spiritual Leader,
- Principal /Teacher of your last Secondary school and
- an Alumnus of Covenant University (optional).
We require the use of the online recommendation system, which utilizes a secure network and which will:
- Automatically email your recommendation providers with instructions for online submission of the recommendation.
- Allow applicants to track recommendations received or not received and follow up with recommenders who still need to submit their appraisals.
- Automatically notify you when recommendations are received.
CUSAS Screening and Booking
Please note that the screening schedule would be accessible via the Screening Booking. All candidates are required to pay the sum of Nine Thousand Naira Only (N9,000.00) which entails Seven Thousand Naira (N7, 000.00) for the form and Two Thousand Naira (N2,000.00) for post-UTME screening.
UNDERGRADUATE APPLICATION (INTERNATIONAL)
The application form processing fee is One Hundred USD ($100).
Account Name: Covenant University
Account Number: 5070002387 (USD)
Beneficiary Address: Canaanland, Km 10, Idiroko Road, Ota, Ogun State
Bank Name: Zenith Bank Plc
Bank Address: G.R.A Ikeja, Lagos
Zenith Bank Swift Code: ZEIBNGLA
Intermediary: CITIBANK N.A
Canada square, canary wharf, London E14 5LB
IBAN Number: GB80CITI18500810407941
Account No: 10407941(USD)
Swift Address: CITIGB2L
Sort Code: 18-50-08
Account Name: Covenant University
Account Number: 0051455340 (USD)
Bank Name: Access Bank
Intermediary Bank: Citibank New Yoke, 111 Wall Street, New Yoke
Swift Code: CITIUS33
Routing no: 021000089
Beneficiary Bank: Access Bank Plc
Swift Code: ABNGNGLA
Access bank’s acct with Citibank: 36145842
Immigration Qualification Requirements
1. This guide is for students of Foreign Nationality that have secured admission to study at Covenant University, Ota, Nigeria.
2. A foreign/international student is defined as a prospective student who has been educated abroad, a citizen of a country other than Nigeria, a Nigerian citizen who has been educated abroad and who is a citizen of another country by birth or naturalization (Dual Citizenship). He/She must be in possession of International Passport of another country (besides Nigeria).
3. Such students must possess a duly authorized and current admissions letter by the Covenant University Registrar. It is important that all details appearing on this letter must be in consonance with all legal documents owned by the prospective student.
4. Before entry into Nigeria, an admitted student must possess the requisite visa to validate his length/purpose of stay in the country. Nigerian Visas are obtained in the Countries where prospective students are domiciled or the nearest Nigerian Mission nearest to their Countries of residence.
5. Admitted foreign nationals are to apply for the Subject To Regularization (STR) Visa/Entry Permit.
6. Cerpac Guidelines
a. Admitted foreign Nationals must also procure the CERPAC (This is the acronym for Combined Expatriate Residence Permit and Aliens Card). In doing that you must purchase a CR (Concessionary) form for $200. It is meant for Missionaries, Students, Non ECOWAS African Nationals and Cameroonians
b. General Instructions:
i. The CERPAC form as endorsed is valid for three (3) months from the date of purchase.
ii. Please endorse the two sample forms also from the point of collection of the CERPAC Booklet Guidelines.
1. Please read through both forms carefully before completing them.
2. Use a black ball point pen and complete the forms in capital letters.
c. Please Note the following:
i. The envelope containing this CERPAC Pack should be preserved. You will require this envelope at the time of submitting your forms and documents.
ii. All fees paid to obtain forms are not refundable.
iii. In the event of loss of form(s), replacement will be treated as a new issue and will attract the original fees.
iv. Any erasures, cancellation, or defacement of any sort shall render the form(s) void.
v. Any form(s) voided as in 2.4 (above) must be returned as a complete set to the bank of purchase for replacement. Such replacement will attract a service charge and pack cost of N2,500(Two Thousand, Five Hundred Naira) payable to the Bank.
d. Other requirements:
i. Three (3) Nos. “2 x 2” passport photographs on white background should be submitted with the completed forms. One of the photographs should be attached to the bottom right-hand side of the CERPAC form titled “Receipt and Temporary Card”.
ii. Append your signature beside your photograph attached on the form (as in 3.1 above)
iii. Enclose also one (1) No. facial portrait measuring 4′ x 3′ (inch) white background
e. All completed forms and documents should be submitted to the Immigration State Command where your file(s) is (are) located, for Verification and Clearance.
f. At the time of submitting the completed forms and documents, you will be required to present your original Passport for Verification of the documents presented.
g. When your forms and documents are received, verified and endorsed by the relevant Immigration State Command, an Immigration/CERPAC Stamp will be applied to your Receipt/Temporary Card. Please ensure that the
Receipt/Temporary Card is authenticated and returned to you. You will also be required to physically come into a CERPAC office for the capture of your Digital Personal Identification.
7. Procedure for Regularization of Foreign/International Students
i. Formal letter of application for regularization from student
ii. Letter of recommendation from the Institution and acceptance of Immigration responsibility
iii. A copy of Admission letter
iv. A copy of letter of acceptance
v. Evidence of payment of School fees
vi. Photocopy of relevant pages of the applicant’s passport including the page of relevant visa
8. All other details can be secured from the Nigerian Embassy in your country of origin. You can also contact the Nigerian Immigration Service website: http://www.immigration.gov.ng/ for more information.
APPLY FOR ADMISSION
- Fresh applicants are required to create an account. Click Here to create an account.
- If you already have an account, click Here to login your credentials that will enable you complete your application over several sessions. The system will prompt you on how to complete the application. Once satisfied with the application, click on submit!
UPLOAD OF REQUIRED APPLICATION DOCUMENTS
- You are required to upload copies of your credentials as part of filling this application form and such documents should be in .pdf format.
- The originals of the uploaded documents shall be sighted during the screening exercise. Remember to come along with them!
- Passport photograph to be uploaded should be in .jpeg format and should not be more than 100KB in size.
- Your application information is maintained on a secure server and remains confidential.
STATUS OF APPLICATION
After submission of your form, you can always check the status of your application by logging into the portal again. However, you will receive important email messages as it relates to your application status.
COVENANT UNIVERSITY ACADEMIC PROGRAMMES
COLLEGE OF BUSINESS AND SOCIAL SCIENCES
- Banking and Finance
- Business Administration
- Demography and Social Statistics
- Industrial Relations and Human Management
- Mass Communication
COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING (COE)
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Information and Communication Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
COLLEGE OF LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT STUDIES (CLDS)
- International Relations
- Policy and Strategic Studies
- Political Science
COLLEGE OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY (CST)
- Building Technology
- Computer Science
- Estate Management
- Industrial Chemistry
- Industrial Chemistry – Materials and Polymer
- Industrial chemistry – Analytical and Environment
- Industrial Mathematics
- Industrial Mathematics – (Computer Science Option)
- Industrial Mathematics – (Statistics Option)
- Industrial Physics – Applied Geophysics
- Industrial Physics – Electronics and its Applications
- Industrial Physics – Renewable Energy
- Management Information System