If you desire to actualize your creative genius, to become a national and Global Leader, to learn in a serene, secular, diverse and focused environment under the tutelage of some of the brightest and best lecturers and mentors, Igbinedion university is seeking for suitably qualified candidates for admission into her various degree programmes.
IGBINEDION UNIVERSITY OFFERS ADMISSION INTO FIRST DEGREE PROGRAMMES IN THE FOLLOWING COLLEGES
ARTS AND SOCIAL SCIENCES
- Economics & Development Studies
- Geography & Regional Planning
- Mass Communication
- Political Science & Public Admission
- International Relations
- Sociology & Anthropology
- Theatre Arts
SANUSI LAMIDO SANUSI COLLEGE OF BUSINESS AND MANAGEMENT STUDIES
- Banking & Finance
- Business Administration
OBA EREDIAUWA COLLEGE OF LAW
- Bachelor of Law, LL.B
GENERAL ABDULSALAMI ABUBAKAR COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING
- Civil Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical/Electronics Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
OBA OKUNADE SIJUWADE COLLEGE OF HEALTH SCIENCES
- Medicine & Surgery
- Medical Sciences
- Nursing Science
COLLEGE NATURAL AND APPLIED SCIENCES
- Chemistry & Industrial Chemistry
- Computer Science & Information Technology
DORA AKINYILI COLLEGE OF PHARMACY
General Entry Requirements
- To be eligible for admission into the four-year disciplines and five or six-year professional programmes, candidates must possess a minimum of five credits at the GCE/WAEC, SSCE/NECO, or SSCE/NABTEB certificate examinations, which must include English Language and Mathematics at not more than two sittings.
In addition, candidates seeking admission into Law must possess at least a credit pass in Literature in English. Candidates awaiting GCE/NECO SSCE/WAEC SSCE/NABTEB results are also encouraged to apply provided the results would be available by September, when the new session commences.
- Candidates may also seek admission into the 200 level of the degree programmes with the following qualifications:
- Passes in at least two subjects at the Advanced level and an additional subject at the subsidiary level in the General Certificate of Education Examination. The subjects must constitute a suitable preliminary to the intended courses.
- Diploma/NCE at credit level pass and above in the appropriate subjects from a recognized institution.
- IJMB in the appropriate subjects.
- First Degree in relevant discipline.
- In all these cases, candidates must also satisfy the requirements for matriculation viz: five credit passes at the GCE/WAEC SSCE/NECO SSCE/NABTEB Certificate examinations.
Candidates are required to show evidence of application to JAMB
Candidates applying for admission are required to sit for UTME and obtain the prescribed cut-off marks. This is a statutory requirement for entry into Nigerian universities
In addition, for students seeking transfer from another institution of higher degree of learning to Igbinedion University, Okada, an official copy of Academic Transcript is required.
Candidates who are above 22 years of age will not be deemed eligible for admission. Older candidates may be admitted under exceptional circumstances.
How to Apply
Prospective Students must possess the required WASC/GCE/NECO credits (Advanced level passes/first degrees for direct entry), be registered with JAMB, and pass the UTME.
More about our online application instructions is available on our online application portal
Post-UTME Screening Date and Centres
Upon completion of your admission form online, you will choose your preferred screening centre. Your screening date will also be provided on your acknowledgement slip upon completion of the admission process.
Candidates who chose Igbinedion University, Okada as their first and second choice JAMB (UMTE) should also attend the screening exercise.